Digital Asset Management
- 35,000+ company photos & videos scattered between North America offices, Italian HQ and worldwide distributors.
- No central archive, no unified indexing system, hard to locate individual items quickly.
- Undue burden being placed on graphic design teams.
- Tight budget, typical SAS DAM solutions prohibitively expensive
- I assembled all company media + archives into one central location in Denver.
- Over the course of several months, an assistant and I metadata tagged every single image & video with Product Shown, Athlete Name, Sport Category, Copyright & Photo Angle
- Utilizing standalone Network Access Drives, I created and implemented a low-cost and scalable system which utilized a central archive on Google Drive.
- Data integrity is maintained by multiple offline backups
- Significantly less time spent by management and graphic designers finding images for advertising & PR use.
- Increased sharing of media generated between North American & Italy offices.
- Worldwide distributors have ability to buy into system for the low cost of a single NAS drive. File integrity is maintained via specific write-enabled folders for each distributor.
Challenge Roth Photography
- Rudy Project needed photos taken at the Challenge Roth 30th Anniversary race in Germany.
- Many high-profile sponsored athletes were attending, presenting a golden opportunity to gather photos of each.
- Rudy Project had no contracted photographer in Germany at the time, and a limited budget to send someone.
- I located and partnered us with international photographer Jose Vargas from Lead Adventure Media in Costa Rica.
- Worked out budget constraints with Jose by finding cheap travel + friends he could stay with while in Germany.
- Coordinated athlete photo shoots between Director of Sponsorship, athlete managers, and Jose.
- Large amount of high-quality images taken throughout the week of the event, including individual photo shoots, athlete media panels, and race day.
- Continuous update of Rudy Project worldwide social media networks with rapid updates from Jose
- Multiple images used in full-spread magazine ad campaigns + consumer websites.
- Rudy Project athlete Timo Bracht won the event. By having Jose photographing, we were able to turn around press on the occasion immediately & generate substantial news coverage.